EDF Renewables [South Africa], formally “InnoWind”, is a locally based fully integrated independent power producer that develops, finances, builds, owns and operates commercial renewable energy generation facilities.
EDF Renewables’ expertise in renewable energy technologies (wind, solar PV, battery storage etc.) stems from its parent company, EDF Energies Nouvelles, the renewable energy arm of global utility EDF.
With offices located in Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, EDF Renewables provides oversight services for renewable energy projects by managing the projects and their commercial agreements over their entire life cycle.
- Identification and development of clean energy project sites across Southern Africa
- Pre-feasibility studies
- Land lease negotiations
- Securement of relevant permits and licenses
- Project design and layout
- Engineering (Electrical, Acoustic etc.)
- Works Management (Programme Management)
- Management of all key agreements and contracts
- Operational oversight
- Financial management
- Business reporting
- Plant performance and monitoring
Each Wind Farm operated by EDF Renewables contributes a percentage of its revenues towards Enterprise Development (EnD) and/or Socio Economic Development (SED) initiatives within a 50 km radius from the Wind Farm. This is done under the Grassroots Youth Development (GYD) programme, a philanthropy programme that aims to deliver lasting social and economic progress to local communities of EDF Renewables clean energy projects.